Our Winter Storm
I am finally getting around to posting some pictures of the winter storm we had a while back. This was our side door and the drift at 1pm (about 5 hours before it stopped snowing).

Later that evening when we went out to play and shovel out the drive.

Ruthie in the snow-this is in the back yard.

David had the most problems since he was just light enough to stay on the top bit of snow. He had so much trouble walking. He'd walk out a bit, then get stuck in a drift. After the third time I plucked him from the depths of a snow drift, I told him he could no longer walk out into the snow. I was no dressed for romping in snowdrifts.

Chris, shoveling out the drive. We were planning to go to meeting Sunday morning, but it turned out we didn't. Chris spent hours shoveling and still had 1/3 of the drive left to do. They had been calling for more snow overnight, so he quit. Turned out that the snow never came and we could have gone. Oh well! Hindsight is 20/20, they say.

Later that evening when we went out to play and shovel out the drive.

Ruthie in the snow-this is in the back yard.

David had the most problems since he was just light enough to stay on the top bit of snow. He had so much trouble walking. He'd walk out a bit, then get stuck in a drift. After the third time I plucked him from the depths of a snow drift, I told him he could no longer walk out into the snow. I was no dressed for romping in snowdrifts.

Chris, shoveling out the drive. We were planning to go to meeting Sunday morning, but it turned out we didn't. Chris spent hours shoveling and still had 1/3 of the drive left to do. They had been calling for more snow overnight, so he quit. Turned out that the snow never came and we could have gone. Oh well! Hindsight is 20/20, they say.
Comments