Ice Storm
Last night we had a nice little ice storm. It has been pretty cold today, so the ice hasn't really melted off the trees and bushes. The roads are clear, but as of this morning, there were more than 12,000 people with no power. As I was making dinner this evening, the sun broke through the clouds for just an instant, lighting up a few of the trees in our yard. It was simply breathtaking and by the time I found the camera, the sun had gone in and I missed it. But, for your viewing pleasure, a few of our trees.
Across the road from us. It's amazing to see the tops of the trees. Who would think a little ice could be so heavy?

In our back yard.

Another from the backyard.

Finally, our screen door on the porch was frozen shut when I tried to get out to take pictures of the lighted trees. Guess the ice was a little heavier than I thought!
Across the road from us. It's amazing to see the tops of the trees. Who would think a little ice could be so heavy?

In our back yard.

Another from the backyard.

Finally, our screen door on the porch was frozen shut when I tried to get out to take pictures of the lighted trees. Guess the ice was a little heavier than I thought!
Comments