A Crazy Weekend

We had a crazy busy, very fun weekend. Fred, a friend of ours, called Saturday morning about coming out to Ohio for meeting on Sunday. We told him it was crazy to drive out here so early in the morning-why didn't he and the kids (4 of them) come out and stay the night? So, they did! I did a whirlwind cleaning-the house was a disaster! But, I finished just in time and they arrived for dinner Saturday. We all headed to meeting Sunday and that was when we found out that the brakes on Fred's car weren't working properly-as in he didn't really have any. So, after meeting, he and Chris took the car to Sears where it would be fixed and we made plans for them to stay another night. Fortunately, Monday was a holiday and the kids didn't have school anyway. So, Monday came and just before noon, Sears called to say that they couldn't fix the car after all. We'd have to have it towed to a dealer. So, I made arrangements for another place to take the car and we made more plans for another over night for our guests. This time, though, the kids had to miss school. Tuesday, the car was worked on all day and after lunch, the kids' grandparents drove out pick them up just in case the car wasn't done at the end of the day as planned. Good thing, too. It wasn't done. So, Fred still resides with us (poor guy) and his car should be done by lunch today. I gather that replacing brake lines is a time consuming job. I say poor guy, because during all this, all three of my kids have come down sick. As in coughing, hacking, runny noses, whining....you get the picture, right? But, the kids have enjoyed every minute of their built in playmates.

Comments

Popular Posts