And Now for Our News

I've been busy the last week or so cleaning up around the house, getting rid of junk and just trying to straighten things out. I've gotten all the necessary paperwork done for our fostering. All except the well test. Friday I got a call that our well water tested positive for bacteria. So, now we have to get rid of that and have it retested. Not a big deal-just more time. We rearranged David's room and made room for the crib. It wasn't something that had to be done right away, but it felt nice to have one more thing off the list. I still need to get some baskets for clothes. We have a dresser in David's room, but it's really small and David's clothes take up most of the space. So, I plan to get some baskets to put clothes in and then keep them on the built in shelf in David's room.

I also rearranged the girls' room. It wasn't a big change, but just enough to make it easier for them to play. Before, Ruth had to cross the room to climb the ladder to her bunk. That meant that I nearly always made them put away all their toys before bed-including any really cool block cities that they built. Now the way I have the beds, the ladder is closest to the door which enables the girls to get into bed without crossing into the play area. Now, they can leave up their block creations longer. They still have to clean up everything else, though.

I am still in our break from Five in a Row and just concentrating on the basics (reading, writing, math) and our Thanksgiving study. I started a lapbook with all three kids this past week and we should finish it by Wednesday. It's just a simple PreK thing on Thanksgiving. So, there are crafts and games that we do each day. They really like it-especially the Popcorn game. They curl up on the floor and I say "Popcorn Popcorn pop, pop, pop!". Then, they all jump up and start hopping like mad. Then I say "Popcorn, popcorn, stop, stop, stop!" and they all fall to the floor and curl back up. It's really quite funny and they'll do it over and over until I tell them we have to move on to something else!

Thursday we'll be hosting the big meal here. Unfortunately some of our invited guests won't be coming. I just learned today that my sil will be unable to come and I am so very bummed! She lives several hours away and I don't get to see her that often. Perhaps we need to pack up the kiddos and make a road trip!

Comments

Popular Posts