Used Children's Books
I can't believe what the internet has done to the prices of children's books. And used ones, at that. I have been spending some time this evening trying to locate a decent price on some books. Alas I am having a hard time coming to grips with the prices being asked. I came across a copy of the book The Hatmaker's Sign. It's an OOP (out of print) book and although I found a copy for a little over $8, I am told that at that price it's a steal. Really. Most of the copies were listed for well over $40 with one PAPERBACK copy being listed for $549. Can you believe that? I am just flabbergasted. There is another book called Cowboy Charlie. A book about Charles M. Russell. If you find it for less than $50 you are doing great. I did find a near perfect copy for $45, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a kid's book. Now that I have that off my chest, I'm off to see what else I can find.
Comments
It's an addiction, I quite understand! I just asked Ritch today if he'd build me another bookshelf for my Christmas present this year. I'm giving up the church pew in the school room--it's got books sitting on top of it anyway, LOL.