The Light at the End of the Tunnel
Today I got the best news to date in regards to David. In the last two weeks he has put on another 1/4 pound. He is now residing in the 25th percentile for weight and at 34 1/2in, he is around the 11th for height. Here's the really funny part-he is now too heavy for his height! Isn't that a hoot? I called the GI doctor today and gave the nurse all the stats. I'll call back tomorrow to see what he says in regards to tube removal. I'm not sure how he'll do it. I did a little reading on the internet (always bad!) and found out that with extended use of the gtube (anything beyond 9 months) he is at a bigger risk for complications with removal. The main complication being that the hole doesn't close up on it's own. I'm so pumped about it all that I almost can't stand it! Once we get that blasted tube out, then we can let him eat like a normal child. Which means, allowing him to eat at his own pace and not eat a lot some days and eat a lot other days. You know, normal toddler eating patterns.
Comments