Boo's New Do

This morning, the kids were up bright and early. I had my laptop and coffee in bed while I listened to them playing the keeping room. Next thing I know, I hear Ruthie screaming and running into the bedroom. Knowing Ruth and her penchant for hysterics, I didn't figure it was too bad. She screams and cries if someone knocks over the steps she made out of books. So, anyway, back to Ruthie screaming. She comes charging into the bedroom, yelling something about David, scissors, Boo's hair and she's hurt. So, first things first, I made sure Ruth was ok. It seems that David chased her with the scissors and poked her. Not hard enough to do any real damage, but it did leave a cut. Then, I run out to the keeping room to find David yelling "sorry mama!" and holding his hand over his bottom while Gracie gleefully declared "David cut my hair!". Well, I had left out my sewing scissors last night and that is what David got hold of. He started by taking a chunk off Boo's hair and then chasing Ruthie round the room. So, David was disciplined (his hand wasn't big enough to cover his whole bottom) and Grace got a new haircut. Now, it really wasn't quite as bad as it sounds. He didn't cut her hair much shorter than the bangs she was growing out, but I went ahead and got her hair cut to bring it up to where the short hair was (or close to). Oh and the scissors are now under lock and key.




Oh, and sweeping the hair over to the other side covers up the cut spot just nicely!

Comments

Popular Posts