Algonquin Mill Festival

There is an old mill, about an hour's drive from here. Every fall, they hold a mill festival and there are lots of crafts, greasy food, tons of things to see and do. We took the kids last year and they had such a good time, we decided, that we weren't insane enough, so we'd do it again. Just as we got there, we encountered the boy scouts and their rope bridge. Byron was eager to get in line to cross the bridge, but he quickly backed out. Ruth was the next to volunteer. Now, this surprised me a great deal given that she doesn't do well with heights, among many other things. But, she climbed up and got herself situated on the bridge. She made it to the halfway point when panic mode set in. However, she was already over our heads and it was just as far to continue and it was to go back. She did make it over and when asked why she decided to do it, she said, "Because I thought if I did it first, the other kids might want to try it." Actually, after seeing Ruth freeze at the halfway point, they were more convinced than ever that they'd made the correct choice. But, I have to admit, I'm really proud of her for doing it. I know how much it cost her to get up there and do it to begin with. :)

And after all that drama-this is the only picture I have because my camera batteries died promptly after I took this picture!

Comments

Catherine said…
She looks very brave in this picture. So proud of her!

Popular Posts