Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium

This past weekend, our family traveled to the Pittsburgh area for a Bible study weekend (incidentally, the same weekend where Chris and I met some 10 years ago...). We came in a day early, arriving on Friday evening. Chris and our friend Dave from PA were planning a little 30 mile bike ride Saturday morning before the study began. I was thinking, "What am I going to do with the kids all morning?" And then I remembered I had a membership to our local zoo which grants us admission to many zoos across the country. So, I packed everyone up on Saturday morning and we spent a few hours trolling through the Pittsburgh Zoo. Oh and we didn't have time for the aquarium that was hereafter known as the PB&J Aquarium. PPG....PB&J...it's nearly the same, right? Also, Baby K came out with us. We were quite a sight, I assure you.


Starting out...Thanks Graci for helping us out.

Flamingos. True story. We're there by the pen and this little girl starts shouting at her mom, "There's ducks in there!! There's ducks in there!" I mean nearly screaming it. Mom just keeps right on going. Then, one of my kids mentions that there is also a crane in there. Little girl then begins shout/screaming, "There's a crane in there! There's a crane in there!" Mom just kept right on going...We heard that little girl off and on the rest of the day. And yes, she screamed out every animal's breed.

The rhino. He is so cool.

Simulated Termite hill

Unfortunately, the elephants were behind glass, so the picture didn't turn out too well, but he was too cute to just pass up.

I love the giraffe feeder.


Hayseed Gorilla

The polar bear loved that ball.

The kids in the bear trap

Not a bad idea....

The whole trap

There is the extremely cool tunnel where you could possibly see the polar bears swimming right over your head. Too bad for us, this guy was content just sitting at the water's edge.

David waited all day for these guys....the sharks!

You could walk under them, too, and they were way more accommodating, swimming over us constantly.

Comments

Popular Posts