Bedtime Woes

Why is it that bedtime is the hardest time of day for me? I am so frustrated with the whole deal. The endless rounds of wanting drinks, going potty, covers, no covers, kisses, hugs, more squeezes, crack the door, no wait-don't crack it, let me show you how much to crack it and on and on. I think some nights, that I'd like to be the man here. I'd like to run away to mow the lawn, or pull some weeds or trim some hedges. I love to do all that, but alas, if I do get to do it, I have three youngin's in tow and it's hard to enjoy the mindless rhythm of mowing whilst breaking up sand fights and being sure that no one runs into the road. I do feel better now after venting a bit. I'm off to make a more doable schedule for the family and hopefully put an end to these bedtime wars.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"show you how much to crack it"?...

that's a good one! very clever. probably didn't work, though...

Popular Posts