Christmas Eve Festivities

For years, Christmas Eve has been spent at my parents' house.  This year, with the eve being a Saturday night, we opted to stay home and have our own little celebration.  We have made a tradition of the kids opening one gift on Christmas Eve and it's always pajamas.  The kids really look forward to this and I've tried to make it a bit fun but having a hunt of some sort for them.  This year, I hid all the packages for the kids to find.


Grace finds hers in the boot chest and Byron wanders forlornly off in the hopes that his package is the next to be found

A bath and new jammies later...

And, so I thought, hey!  The kids are all in coordinating jammies.  They are all freshly bathed.  We have a roaring fire.  Let's take a picture!  Won't they look darling?!   Let me tell you, 500 pictures later, this is the best we got.
Everyone look at some random item to the side of the picture!  Smile!

Giving up on a cute, fun photo, we turn our attention to Yahtzee.

But, you have no idea how long a game of Yahtzee can last with 6 people playing.

It was time for some fondue instead.

Because, what says "Christmas Eve" more than tiny forks, fire and some chocolate?

Classic symptoms of fondue overdose.
We had a great night, but I can honestly say that I was happy to send the kids to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts