And We Leave for Camp

We left our house around 9pm on Friday, the 22nd. It was to be a grueling night of travel as we'd need about 12 hours of actual driving time. Chris was supposed to work and then come home to sleep and be ready to drive. It didn't quite work that way. He drove for 2 hours and I slept, but then around 11:30, he cried uncle and I took over until 4am when I just couldn't take it anymore. We stopped no longer than absolutely necessary and we rolled into camp at about 10:30 Saturday morning.

Our gas stop at Angola

It was very hot and muggy when we arrived, so we alternated setting up camp with swimming in the lake to cool us off and ready us for a few more hours of setting up. Our neighbors kindly offered us leftover taco fixings for dinner and I happily took them to avoid digging in my coolers and tubs looking for cooking items. Saturday was an early, early night. I had barely tucked the kids in before I crashed myself.

Comments

Popular Posts