My Birthday Surprise

My birthday was last week. You may or may not have known that. But, that's not the real issue here. The real issue is that Chris really and truly surprised me this year. He got us tickets to see Bryan Adams at the Canton Palace Theater!

Ok, so I have to admit, I had a love hate reaction to it. I say "love", because I ADORE Bryan Adams. I have since Jr. High. I say "hate" because while back in Jr. High I would have gladly gone to his concert and screamed and yelled with the best of them, that just isn't me now. So, I'd envisioned this concert to be loud, lots of drumming and screaming teenage girls. Really. Don't laugh. I forgot that B.A. is now over 50 years old and I've aged a few years since Jr High myself.

Here is the real scenario:
The theater was super cool and very old. Up on stage was not the screaming loud band I was afraid of, but a microphone and a grand piano. As I looked around the theater, I realized that there were more middle aged women than teenage girls. (An observation that Chris found very amusing when I made it) Turns out this was an acoustic tour (who knew?!) and Bryan Adams was very funny and told several stories about some of his songs (including a particularly funny one about how the song Heaven came to be written, and he sincerely hoped the story didn't ruin the memory for the 100's of people that used it for their wedding song...). And, I had a BLAST! The acoustic performance was just fantastic and I was so glad to have seen it. He even talked about his last really big tour (Waking Up the World, I think, it was called) and I reminisced with Chris about how I was NOT ALLOWED to go to it. And I've been crushed ever since. ;) (Remember that, Mom?)

Comments

Popular Posts