Byron's Adoption
July 6th, we all woke up early, scrambled to get presentable and out the door for our court date for Byron's adoption. We were scheduled to head into court at 10am for a grilling of our lifestyle and family. Ok, maybe not grilling, but that was surely what I thought it would be. Chris has lots of family that had flown/driven in for the occasion and we were to be meeting them at the courthouse for the hearing. We also had friends come in from PA as well as our meeting. We had quite a group there and we packed the court room.
We went through a series of questions about how we parent and why we wanted to adopt Byron. Then, at the end of the session, the family was given the chance to speak up on our behalf. I was really touched by the sentiments expressed by my family and friends. It was a really wonderful morning.
We weren't allowed to take photos during the hearing, but I have a few shots from afterward. I had to scan them, so they aren't super quality (I'm not a good scanner yet.).

We went through a series of questions about how we parent and why we wanted to adopt Byron. Then, at the end of the session, the family was given the chance to speak up on our behalf. I was really touched by the sentiments expressed by my family and friends. It was a really wonderful morning.
We weren't allowed to take photos during the hearing, but I have a few shots from afterward. I had to scan them, so they aren't super quality (I'm not a good scanner yet.).
A shot of the court room. This was behind where Chris, Byron and I sat.

Group shot-this is everyone that came to the adoption, minus the social workers, lawyer and the guardian ad litem.
Comments