A Few Thoughts on the Trip

Well, first of all, the drive up to Manitoulin is about 12 hours plus stops. We left at 9pm Friday and arrived sometime around 10:30am Saturday. Chris did all the driving and I did a bit of sleeping and a bit of navigating. We were about 45 min or so from the camp and Chris says to Ruth "Hey Ruth, how are you doing?" (she gets car sick on long trips) At that precise moment we hear the dreaded sounds of retching in the back seat. So, Chris whipped the van off the road and we proceeded to clean up the van and Ruth and I tried not to cry. Guess I should have given that Dramamine a bit sooner than I did.

So, the first day went pretty well. We spent most of Saturday setting up camp (that was after we drove around looking for a place that sold pillows so we could replace three of them). Sunday was just meeting and a pretty laid back day. We didn't have to be up that early since meeting didn't start until 11am. The girls and Chris were at the table and I was serving breakfast. I saw David out of the corner of my eye, but what didn't register immediately, was the arc of urine shooting out from him. There he stood, in my "kitchen" peeing into the bushes. I was laughing so hard I could hardly stand it. I think I must have been more tired than I thought.

Monday was our first day of classes. They went pretty well, considering. All our kids went with out a backwards glance. Miss A was a little leery, but did stay for most of them.

We had a good week, really. I was able to attend most of the classes as Miss A was more or less content to go to her classes. She was with David, so that did help. The girls were together in a class as well, but even if they hadn't been, I don't imagine it would have bothered them. The girls spent most of their free time at the playground there, making new friends. Ruth was particularly excited to tell me about her new friend and that her name was Rebecca, no less.

Comments

Popular Posts